22 June 2012

An apple a day...

     I found this week that I have obviously not been keeping up with my apples because so far this week I have seen a chiropracter, three docters, an ER room, an ultrasound tech and several lab techs. Either the apples in Arkansas are broken or I forgot a couple days!
     Today I finally got a diagnosis...pancreatitis. Let me give a brief explaination for those who don't know what that is (like me!) The pancreas creates enzymes that are sent to your stomach to break down and digest your food. These enzymes are inactive until they get out of the pancreas, but when they become active inside the pancreas, they damage the pancreas tissues causing them to inflame and infect.
     So for the next four days, I will be on a liquid diet, mainly water, sprite, gatoraide, and chicken broth. On Monday, I go back for a check up and if it hasn't improved, the doctor will keep me in the hospital for a couple of days. There they will have me fast, sustaining me through IV fluid. This should give my pancreas time to heal and recover.
     I will keep you as up-to-date as is possible through medical craziness!

Brian and I would appreciate your prayers during this time. We are just recovering from his back surgery. We really don't need another hospital stay in our young marriage! LOL

~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment