07 July 2010

Back again!

OK...so I know that my posts have been more non-existent than ever, but with good reason...I am happy to report.

I am HOME!

The end of my active duty contract is 24JUL2010! So I am on terminal leave, looking for a house, a job, a brand new life basically! It is an exciting time, but also a crazy one. I have a lot of mixed emotions about leaving my soldiers to go to Afghanistan without me. I know, I know. I did my time. They can do theirs too, but they are like kids. My kids. You get them when they are new to the army and you raise them. Hopefully, right, instilling the army values and training them with all the knowledge that they will need to survive and thrive even in the worst of situations. So even though I am ecstatic to be home, and on to new things, there are parts of me that still play in that motherly area of the NCO...needing to watch her babies while they fumble their way through the grenade launching, missile exploding, heat ridden desert summers, frost bitten winter mountains, and oh yeah the boredom of this coming deployment.

-To the 94th BSB S6 shop, remember: There are no boundaries on a commo dog. I am watching you! They can talk about ya, but they can't talk without ya!
My love to all,
SGT Rudloff.

No comments:

Post a Comment