24 July 2012

Curried Pumpkin Soup

Do you ever get tired of having to cook the same thing for dinner at least once a month?

I get in a rut and find a rotation of spaghetti, chicken 'n rice, and tacos gets to be so boring! It makes me not want to cook, which leads to us running out at 7:30 at night to get something to eat or whipping up a quick box of macaroni and cheese!

So...I have committed to finding new recipes so that I actually enjoy the adventure of cooking again! This leads me to my post...a new recipe!!

Okay, so don't pay attention to the fact that my bowl
 is half gone...just know that it was yummy!


Curried Pumpkin Soup! I know it doesn't sound good, but I had pumpkin and had to try it. It was delicious. Don't take my word for it though. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
1/4 cup of chopped onions
dash of chopped celery
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup pumpkin
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup ham
salt
pepper
garlic

Instructions:
Saute the onions and celery in the butter in a medium size pot. Once tender, add the curry powder. Stir in the flour to the buttermilk and add to the pot with the chicken broth. Bring to a boil and add the ham. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic.

NOTE:
This recipe only makes about 4 or 5 cups once it boils down. For larger families, I would at least double it.

No comments:

Post a Comment