13 February 2012

Hope

I don't write much about my injury, but when you receive a blessing I believe you should share it.

 Since I have moved my health care to the Little Rock VA, I have been waiting for my appointment with a neurologist. Last Thursday, I had my first appointment. A resident did my exam and had an idea of care. She took it to the neurologist and he approved it. So they decided to do an occipital nerve block, which is an injection into your occipital nerve (in your neck) that is supposed to stop headaches for 2 to 4 months. They did the block right in the office and, other than some numbness in my head, I had no discomfort. If you want to read more on it, especially for those who suffer from migrains, here is a link that explains the procedure really well.

http://www.medcentral.org/Main/OccipitalNerveBlock.aspx?cpsys_redirect=404

I can't say that I have noticed a difference yet. I haven't had a disabling headache though so hopefully this is good news. We are just waiting and hoping for now. I will do my best to keep you informed on the ups and downs that come. Thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment