14 October 2012

ABC Dating

I know it sounds a little childish, but, I think if you will hear me out, you will love it! Brian and I lately have fallen into a pattern of being together, but not spending quality time talking and enjoy each other's company. So I set out to find a solution to our dating needs that fit our budget and time schedule. This is what I found...

You start with the first letter of the alphabet...A (for those of you who were a little slow :)

Find things in your area that start with that letter and plan out your whole date using those things.

Foods, parks, museums, attractions, people to visit, hobbies to perfect, movies to watch...whatever floats your boat or I should say puts fuel in your Airplane!
Here's what Brian and I did on our "A" date:

First, we started out at the Art museum in Little Rock.
I think we should get a bonus for having everything start with an
additional "A" for Arkansas!
Next it was dinner time, so we found an amazing wing place. I know what you are thinking.
"Erin, wings does not start with an A, honey." It was called...
See not just one "A", but two...again!
After our delicious wings, we toured the Arkansas State Capital. It had many amazing facts and it was so fun to just walk hand in hand around such an incredible building.
This was a fun CHEAP date! We only had to buy lunch and yet we spent the entire day together. There was no time limits and nothing to do but talk.

Dating your spouse is important. Life gets busy, so even if it is just a cup of coffee on the couch before bed. Talk. Find out their likes and dislikes again. People change over time and if you don't take that time, you will wake up one day to a stranger laying next to you and have to wonder where the person you married went. But if you take the time to share as life changes both of you, your spouse will always be your best friend and you will grow closer to each other as the years go by. :)

What is your spouses favorite place to watch a movie? In your home, a friends house, a theatre? Find out the little things and ask the silliest questions to get to know your spouse better.

Staying in love with my husband,

3 comments:

  1. Love this idea!! I am going to share it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since you are doubling the a's, I think I'll take Ashley to the Arkansas zoo to see the AArdvarks. Haha, that's a quadruple A. Haha. Awesome concept. Can't wIt to double the f's with fly fishing, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good article, Erin. Following your blog now. Hope you'll follow on our blogs as well. Actually we have two:
    Missions: www.franksukraine.blogspot.com
    Missions/art: www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com
    We're BMA missionaries to Ukraine.
    Blessings to you both.

    Jeff and Coleen Franks

    ReplyDelete