13 March 2011

Sick

I have been officially diagnosed...with SPRING FEVER!
Spring break is this week and I am sure the doctor would prescribe a trip to the beach, right???

I headed south Friday afternoon...took the scenic route through Arkansas and into Louisiana. I made it to my Louisiana church in time for Sunday School on Sunday morning. It was a great visit and so relaxing to be in a church with friends again, instead of always being the visitor!
After service...oh, and a delicious meal of jambalaya which the church youth had put together as a fund raiser. Mmmm, no one can do cajun, like a cajun!!!!
Right back to the trip (as my mouth waters from the memory!), I headed further south to Galveston, TX. The trip was almost better than the stay. The scenic route parallels the gulf pretty much all the way down.
The drive was incredible...most of the time. Azlan went with me. She did great, but got a little restless at times. (I am sure I was singing at this point, hence the confused stare look on her face! LOL)



 I stayed on the seawall for a few days. It is really windy, but the weather was beautiful.
There is still damage from the many hurricanes in the past five or six years, but the rebuilding continues and the area is looking great. This is one of many rock piers. The water was freezing, but the sand warm and inviting.
Azlan was not interested in the water at all. The first couple of times the waves would go out and I would be able to trick her into coming down the beach and then the waves would come in, much to her surprise.
After Galveston, I headed back north to Houston. Got to visit with an army friend, Tanis, and then stayed with an college friend, Shannon and her family. I haven't seen Tanis in almost two years, so dinner was a lot of reminiscing and catching up. I had never been able to meet Shannon's family, so getting to catch up with her and meet two of her adorable children was fantastic.
Overall, it was a great break and much needed relaxation time!

No comments:

Post a Comment