25 May 2012

Spiritual Wall

Brian and I are always looking for more and different way to help us, as a couple, grow closer to Jesus. When we bought our house, we were trying to memorize a verse in Galatians (Brian's future post) and it wasn't going too well. It is difficult when you have so many thing in a day that you need to remember things that need to get done, places you have to go, people you need to call, work that must be turned in...you get the picture.
So when Brian and I moved in, I decided that we were going to put it on the wall (not literally). I typed it in PowerPoint, so that I could add my flare to the Word Art, put it in a frame, and hung it up in our room.
Then it grew...a prayer reminder (praying), a Bible reading accountability chart (Reading), a weekly catechism question (Learning), and of course the memory verse (Memorizing)...all went up, hence the name "spiritual wall". What else can it be called?!!


Brian and I love it! It is right by our door, so when we go out we can take a peak. It brings accountability, many fun "quizzing" moments, and just a centered thought on Christ while in this room. What do you think? Anything we missed?

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea!! I will have to try it in my room!!

    ReplyDelete