01 February 2011

Now we wait...

As the Missouri world prepares for a "blizzard", I have to chuckle to myself.  I have to admit, I went to Wal-Mart and got some supplies, cooked a few meals that don't have to be heated, made sure all of my electronics were charges and turned up the heat while I could.
But I love after that is all done and you take the time to look out the window to see...nothing! I know it is coming. It just makes me giggle a little because there isn't much going on yet, but even the news is just a continuous run of this person with sleet and that person with snow (none in my area yet), weather dopplers and web cams, school closings and blizzard warnings! And Wal-Mart, let me tell you...no eggs, not much milk, and very little, well anything!
The part that I found the most interesting...is city people!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to laugh standing in line with my fruits, milk, pickles, canned beans...you know things that you don't have to heat to eat. The people in front of me had...microwave dinners, salt, beer, de-icer (for the car windshield), eggs.
They assume that their roads will magically clear so that they can go to work, that they electric could NEVER go out, and that even though all these things are true, they will still have their beer to enjoy being off when their work closes! LOL! These city people are nuts!
Guess we will see who is right? Think I will have school tomorrow??? NAH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment