25 June 2012

Cards

I know five minutes in the store will give you a funny, sentimental, or sympathetic card, right? I just can't see having to pay the $2 (if you're lucky!) on something that most people will only look at a couple of times. In my world, homemade is much better anyway!
I know we are way past Mother's Day, but I have never been accused of being prompt! Here is a card we made for Brian's mom. It turned out super cute, I think, and I will probably use the format again!



I used sticker letters on the front because I cannot stand my own hand writing and I usually realize after I am done that I have misspelled something. Stickers make for easy corrections!



On the inside of our card, we put pictures of each "child" holding one of the letters to the word LOVE. For each letter we thought of an attribute of our mom, typed it up (again because I always make mistakes or don't like the handwriting!), printed it out, and glued it on. I used 2 pieces of card stock glued together to get the length I needed for the word. We all thought it turned out pretty cute and it was easy to do. Much better than a store bought card!

3 comments:

  1. Great Idea! and as a Mom of 'adult' children, it means a lot to get homemade because it takes Time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! I had hoped to do something just like this for Joe for Father's Day but I didn't get it done. I'm hoping to take the pics this week and just give it to him late. I love homemade also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cute, you did good.
    :)

    ReplyDelete