20 June 2012

Half 'n Half

This year I was asked to make the cake for mother's day and my mother-in-law's birthday for our family's celebration. I wasn't sure how I was going to do both, since we didn't need two whole cakes. When it all came together though, I was super happy with the outcome.
I made my mother-in-law's birthday cake with flowers because she loves to garden and grow things! She is also one of those people who makes you want to bloom right where you are planted.
As for the rest of the mothers that we were celebrating, I just wanted something that was complimenting to the birthday side with bright and cheerful colors.

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Such a creative idea! Remember that bug cake we made for Josiah's birthday? That was a great cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great cake...so cute and buggy! LOL wishing you were here

    ReplyDelete