30 August 2011

My new stage....

Ok so I have blogged about a lot of things over the past few years....medical issues, family fun, crazy military happenings, and more. That I know of I have ever blogged about my love life, but that's about to change.

I have been talking with Brian Kingston for about two months and we have been a couple for around three weeks. He lives in Conway, AR, which is about seven hours from St. Clair. Needless to say we don't get to see each other often, but have both found ourselves on the road a little more these days. We are discovering how amazing God is when you wait on his plan for your life and let him write your love story. I couldn't have imagined a sweeter story or a better timed plan. He has truly blessed us in this relationship and we are trusting him to lead us as this relationship grows.

We are enjoying getting to know each other over the phone (good thing we both have nation wide!), but have recently been able to spend some time together with his family one weekend and then this past weekend on a church float trip.
I think the thing I find most fun is comparing Brian to my dad...shhh...don't tell him I do that! No really, they are so similiar it is funny. My sister, Meagan, took this picture of us standing down watching some kids play in the river. What the picture doesn't capture is Brian using the kids to illustrate a Biblical point to me...a quality I adore! Even when we are just relaxing and chilling, he is teaching and guiding me, helping me grow in my Christian walk.

Now we are not always being spiritual...don't get it wrong. Pretty sure that Brian is making fun of my fire building skills here. (LOL, just kidding...but I had to dig and twist somewhere or yall wouldn't know it was me.) We had a great weekend, but it ended way too soon.

Brian is pastoring a home church that meets at his house in Conway, so he had to make it back for service on Sunday. Though the weekend was short, the memories are priceless and we are just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment