11 October 2010

Today...

...on my table - school stuff...pens, pencil, printer, papers, study guides, flash cards, binders, books, computer....need I go on? LOL

...in my kitchen - COFFEE!!!! My favorite part of being out of the military is having morning coffee. It never really went well with PT...yuck. Anyway, back to my kitchen, ummm oh I have choc. chip cookies in the fridge waiting to bake.

...on my "to do" list - You know those cookies in the fridge...yeah...those need to be baked, packed up, and shipped to SPC Calloway who has been begging (yes, Calloway, you have been begging) for some cookies since he deployed to Iraq four months ago. Oh and I have an appointment today to get my knee checked out...the joys of military wear and tear.

...in my closet - Just wearing jeans and t-shirt today...figure school and dr appointment doesn't warrent anything more! Plus...flip flops!!!! Getting my fill before winter comes and I have to pack them away for socks :{

...in my Bible - John 4:6 "...and Jesus tired as he was from the journey, sat down..." Ok, so I know that this little portion of a passage isn't really great, and some might say that it is just details and there is nothing to learn there. Here's what I see though...I see a man. Someone who has been going strong and hard, who is human. A man who needs rest. The world's demands have beaten hard on him and he just needed a break. So he sat down, not giving up, but taking time to get refreshed before continuing his journey. It shows me that it is ok to be a little tired, to have to sit down and take a break before jumping back into the journey. It tells me...it's ok...and I love that God can reach down, put his hand on my shoulder, and without saying a word give me that comfort of knowing. So know today...it's ok.

...in my house - I have the windows open, fans going! I love this weather! Beautiful.

...what I am listening to - well right now the news :[ I have to watch it for school, but after I am done...gonna turn on JOY FM to get my fix before school. And of course the birds outside because the windows are open...then there is always the occasional car starting or person yelling...hehe the joys of living in an apartment complex.

Hope you all are having a great day. Let me know what you are up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment