19 October 2010

Comfort

I found this picture the other day, and had to choke back the tears. My unit The unit I used to serve with just left this past week. It has reminded me of those first days of deployment. They are full of uncertainty and emotions. The bond that is formed as you work side by side with others during dangerous and fearful times, it is stronger than blood. It doesn't matter if you are from the south, the north, a large country family, or an only child from the city...when you depend on people everyday for everything, you are tied to them.
I wouldn't want to go back to active duty. I was ready to go, but that doesn't mean that the bond to those people is broken. So as they are going through their first days of deployment, I am here...a civilian...wishing with all my might that they have everything they need to get through. To all my 94th buddies, you all have grown and matured so much in your short time with the unit. No one could be prouder of how you all have pulled together. Take care of each other and bring everyone home.

No comments:

Post a Comment