23 September 2011

God's Plans

So many times in life we have opportunities to evaluate, but we don't take them. A few weeks ago (before all this wedding craziness!) I was packing my entire life (again!) into a box to move into a new place and a new phase.
It got pretty messy and I thought how ironic it was...
Life usually gets the messiest when we are fighting the move that God wants us to make. I wasn't very thankful for the blessing of where I was going in life. I was 26 years old and moving into my sister's basement. Now don't get me wrong, I love my sister and her family to death. It had nothing to do with who I was moving in with, but the fact that I didn't want to "need" anyone to help me. (I am just a little independent that way...lol) Because of my stuborn self, I was in, what I felt, was a mess...when really it was just another step in life. See the picture above is actually very organized. One pile goes to one place. The other gets stored in another place. There is a walk-way inbetween for convience. Looking in some would say that it is a disaster, but when the right person is in charge the "messiness" makes complete sense. When I let God decide where He wants me at that particular moment, everything seems to clear and organize and become complete and utterly amazing perfection!


Obviously, I did need that help, and I have been loving my time close to my sisters. I live with one, but see the other all the time too! We are all so close that it is hard to think of another moving date in my near future, which will put me about 7 hours away.
Until then though, I am trying to make the most of being close. I try to take time and stop my "business" to hold a toddler as she wakes up from her nap all warm and cuddlie, to help my older nieces with math (while I still can understand it!), to be an example in my actions to a boy who is fast becoming a little man of God, and to sit and talk with my life long best friends, my sisters, who have had to put up with so much because of my craziness. I couldn't ask for a better family, and I couldn't ask for a more precious time to be able to spend with them. God's plans throw us for a loop sometimes, but they are always a perfect fit for what we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment