26 September 2011

Not just looking...seeing

Taken by Samantha Jo Sikes
September 24th, 2011
The other day I was riding in the car with all of my nieces and nephews. Samantha Jo, who in the front seat wide awake while everyone else was sleeping in the back seat, out of the blue says, "I love those clouds. Look at how pretty they are with the light shining through them." This got me to thinking about my "seeing". So often I get caught up in my problems, ideas, needs/wants, or just life in general, that I forget to stop and look around me, to really look at what is there, to notice a flower blooming, to watch a butterfly landing, to see the beauty that God has place on this earth for us to enjoy and praise Him for.

Thank you, my Sammy Jo, for reminding me to not just look but to see things around me and praise God for His wonderful creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment