27 January 2012

Rain, rain go away

That is what Brian says that I should blog about today. Since it has been rainy here for over a week now, we are both feeling a little of that spring "blues". There are some everyday life things that are happening in our family. Some are fun and some are a little discouraging. Others bring a little fear or apprehension because of lack of knowing how they will turn out. Anyway...here are the latest and greatest developments on our journey.
~We are about (hopefully) to close on a home of our very own. It is on a huge lake and has a great fenced in yard for our dogs. All we are waiting on is the loan to go through. It is at underwriting and we should hear something today!!! YAY!

~I am about to go back to school. Classes start on February 6th. I am taking 12 hours for the semester, but two of my classes are only 8 weeks so I will only have three classes at a time. I think this will be perfect and hope that I will be able to work around my disability this way.
~We are still looking for a church home. We have found several interesting and lovable church families, but God hasn't given his stamp of approval on any of them yet. So we are just trusting and trying to enjoy the variety that we get to experience!

~I have been able to find insurance that accepts pre-existing conditions. It is expensive, but I can now (after two years of looking) see a civilian doctor! This is one of the biggest blessing and takes away a huge concern. Since we are on medical I will just add that I have been doing good. Still the usual symptoms, but they have calmed down a bit for now to only one or two a week instead of everyday.

~Brian's job is busy and he works interesting hours. It is going well though, and we feel blessed that he has it. He has also been looking at a non-profit organization for us to start helping out with. They have several different kinds of ministries (but that's a different post).

I think those are all the happenings for now. Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment