27 January 2010

Healing from the Inside OUT!

It takes it toll. When you have been sick for so long even when you start getting the help you need your body doesn't always respond right away.

When I was discharged, my theropist requested at least 10 day and got 15! She is doing vestibular theropy and multifascia release on me. This is some of the strangest theropy that I have ever heard of. Let me try to explain....

Fascia is the layer above your bones under your skin. It is a cobweb mess of tubing that basically creates a padding on your bones. When it does it's job, fascia gels at the point of impact to your body. This protects you from a worse injury. The problem is when it gels it consticts blood vessels and nerve endings and such, creating the painful headaches, and theropy is needed to allow the gel to rehydrate into the tubular shape it needs to move fluid.
Here is the other kicker...Just like your hips can get out of line...so can your face. Don't laugh it is true! So she is also having to realign the bones in my face to stop contricting my inner ear which is giving me the balance and dizziness problems.

So all together....I am just a mess! But the good new is that it is being fixed, and in such a God way too!

My theropist is allowed ot take one occupational course a year through the military. Last year in 2009, she decided to go to a vestibular theropy course. Then in August, this miltifascia release course came for the first time to San Antonio. She was granted along with only one other person special permission to take this extra course. So had I come down when I first got back from Iraq, she wouldn't have been able to help me. God knew just where I needed to be, just when I needed to be there! Why do we ever doubt with all that proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment