14 March 2010

The Cleaning Ritual!

Crazy I know, but I have to say that I love DEEP cleaning.  I am horrible at keeping my "spaces" free from clutter inbetween these cleanings. Jeans can be thrown over the back of the chair instead of folded in the drawers, beds just get climbed back into at the end of the day, and dishes will always pile up so why do them right now. These thoughts (along with many other that make my mother cringe!) are how my life goes. But there is one day a week, usually Saturday or Sunday afternoon, that you can find me singing into my broom with the radio or dusting in time to the beat to get things clean around here. Since today happens to be that day (since CSM Farrow is coming by for room inspections tomorrow!) I thought I would share a few of my favorite things to do while cleaning:
  • Radio settings: For this time, it HAS to be country...I have tried contemparary christian, jazz, classical (which really slows me down...haha), and even soft rock or oldies. The radio usually has too many commercials. I pop in a cd that has the best of Reba McEntire, Brooks and Dunn, Tracy Lawerence, and Keith Urban.
  • My drink of choice: I like to save my soda for this time. Makes me not so guilty cause all the calories I am spending on the soda, I am outputting into the cleaning. Ok, so maybe I am not, but it makes me feel better anyway!
  • Food: I usually pick up something fun for my lunch or dinner...so that I don't dirty the dishes I just cleaned up. Plus, it is like a reward for finishing my job
  • Clothes: I always have to remind myself to change before I start. I cannot tell you how many shirts or pants I have bleached because I forgot to change. I prefer to wear shorts cause on your knees with bleach means funny looking pants! So I throw on a t-shirt and short and I am ready to go!
With all these things, it usually only takes me about 5 minutes to get into the mood. I have had people stop by and they always look at me really weird when I answer the door happy and tell them I have been cleaning! But hey, to each his own, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment