15 March 2010

oFF

Today was a training holiday for the 94th BSB. The day started out with me thinking about the future. It is an amazing feeling to be getting ready to start another type of life. There are so many things to do, but it is all so much like a book that is in the middle of a story...the author is still deciding which end to use. How do you choose and where do you look? You would think that it would be very simple having military experience, but in reality...who really cares whether you know how to don your nuclear protective gear in less than five minutes head to toe or that you can hit 32 out of 36 with an M4 or M240B. Those skills don't really translate too well into civilian world. Trust me, I have talked to many of my battle buddies who have gotten out and they are saying the same thing.
     Don't get me wrong the idea of freedom...oh my...and it being just around the corner! There are no words to describe how much I am wishing that day here! It is exciting and thrilling!
     My only hesitation is...what do I do now? So here's the deal, I want your opinions.

Tell me what you think I would be good at...a good direction for me to go in, a career choice that you think I would be good in, or an area for me to consider.

LET ME KNOW!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. That's what I was going to say!

    My vote is for you to take it easy and recoop for a while, ease into civilian life and work as a cake decorater part time. It's theputic right? Take some time to take in the world and decide what you will be doing in it. Find a church and pour yourself into His Word, He will guide you into His will. He uses our talents and gifts, after all he is the one who has given them!

    Oh and spend a whole bunch of time with those awesome nieces and nephews :) I know you are looking forward to that, who wouldn't be?

    So since you asked, there you have it, what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I like the new blog look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the cake decorating is a good idea too, or maybe something in management. I don't know you very well, but you do see to have a personality for leadership.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the responces! Melody, you must be a quick study because my family would probably say that bossiness isn't a good thing, but you are right...I do trive when I am telling others what to do! HAHA!

    Amy, you are right as well with taking time to ease back in...but I don't really have that option. I have to be able to make enough for living expenses, so I will have to see about what is available!

    ReplyDelete