18 January 2011

Back-to-school...

For me, the first part of the semester is my favorite. New books, which are so much cooler the day you get them than the day you have to use them! New teachers, it is like trading in the one you didn't like for better ones...unless your homeschooled and in that case you are stuck! LOL (Just kidding, mom!) New schedule...ok so maybe this one throws me for a loop a little!

Every semester before classes start, but after I have picked and registered for my classes...I commit to being a better student. Not a bad commitment if I followed through, right? HA...I do good for the first three weeks (sometimes three hours of class!) then things start to taper off.

But I figured since I have this blog and my readers are ... well reading this... maybe that would prompt me to be a little better with my commitment. So here goes...

~I am going to make sure that I make time for family dinners, "aunt" fun with my kiddos, and sister time with my built-in best friends!

~I am going to find one place a week to volunteer at...since the military picks up my college bill (thank you Jesus!) I don't really have a need to work, and since that is the case, I am going to spend that extra time wisely!

~I am going to be more consistent in my quiet time...learning what my relationship with my savior looks like for me!

~I am going to spend my money wisely and make investments for the future.

~ I guess since this is about school I should throw in...I am going to study hard and not procrastinate on my assignments!

I am sure that things will be added to this throughout the semester but for now this seems to be a good start to taking over my life as a civilian. Any thoughts on things I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment