14 February 2010

Meet "my" Sammy Jo

This is Samantha Jo Sikes.


She is my second niece born to my oldest sister. I remember the day that Samantha was born. I was assigned to watch Maggie, which was just fine with me because I wanted to feel useful! That whole day Maggie would stand at the door crying because she wanted her mommy...She would say, "almost?" and I would respond, "Yes, almost." Hahaha...I was never so glad for a babysitting job to be over!
Sammy Jo is the crazy one of my borrowed crew. She is always "digging and twisting" as my dad has labeled it. Just another name for annoying and picking at people...digging at those funny spots they have and just when they start to get annoyed you "twist" a little and everyone is laughing. In that way, she is just like me. (Sorry, Sam!) In her crazy little way, she always bring the silliness to our times together. We laugh and talk and just have fun.
When I think of Samantha, I always think, "I hope that I can bring as many smiles to the world as she does." She has such a carefree, fun-loving spirit. She reminds me that life is full of joy and happiness. He infectious laughter and beautiful smiles light up a room until everyone in it can't help but do the same.


Keep smiling, Sam! You have brought so many smiles into my life. When I was in Iraq, I would look at your mommy's blog and laugh and cry at the same time. You are so cute and loveable. Don't let life take away your smiles. Sad and crazy things will happen, but you can handle it because you have your joy within Jesus. I love you, baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment